Monday, February 19, 2007

Talking

So Leah jabbers alot but doesn't say much yet.

She says:

Mom (what she calls me the most)
Mama
Dada
Nana (just yesterday started saying it with two different a's - like na-nah - where before it was na-na)
This
These
That

She has said - bob, pop, up - but she doesn't do those on a regular basis really.

So I was asking my MIL (Speech Therapist) if that seemed right and she asked me some questions about it and then said yes. Told me things to do that I'm already doing to encourage her learning.

But today! She said PEN! She was handing it to me & I was doing my usual "Can you say pen? p-p-p-pen?" And she started making the p sound and then said "Pen".

I guess I'll stop worrying about nothing. lol. She's 15 months. Language isn't supposed to explode until 18-24 months.

PS I need a nap today so if this is unreadable with tons of typos. Forgive me. I don't feel much like proofreading right now.

1 comments:

Patti said...

Go Leah! P-p-p-p-pen is pretty close to P-p-p-p-pep! ;-)

(((hug)))