The other day our neighbors had a garage sale. Leah managed - with her own funds - to purchase this small square pillow with a princess of some sort on the front. She was quite pleased with herself.
And in typical, 'fantastic', older sister fashion she informed Hannah that this was HER special pillow and Hannah as not to every use it or touch it. (No I didn't smack her in the back of the head.) I comforted Hannah the first few times I heard about it and then I decided to tell Hannah we would go to the store and find her a pillow of her own.
When Hannah & I finally were out just the two of us we looked all over walmart for a decorative/kids pillow and couldn't find anything fun. So I took her to the fabric department and told her to pick out any fabric and I would make her a pillow.
She was so beyond delighted at the idea. Just that moment was worth it.
She - of course - picked out some Dora fabric. I went and picked out the fringe and a pillow form. Away we went.
A few days later I produced a pillow and again her reaction was so completely worth it.
Here's a couple of pictures. It's just a simple envelope style. We are talking about Hannah here. It needed to be washable. I've never done an envelope and fringe at the same time but including drawing out what I was gonna do on paper the whole thing was maybe 20-30 minutes.
And now Leah is wanting a pillow made by mommy instead of what she has. And let's not stop there. Drew wants to know could I please make him a manly version (yes. he said that. manly version).
0 comments:
Post a Comment