Monday, January 21, 2013

My Paper Towel Moment

A few months ago I was getting ready to wipe up a stain. I had that moment where you decide "dish towel or paper towel". A moment mom's have all over the world 100 times a day. It happens in a split second of course but that particular time I actually thought about it.

Self: Why do I ever pick paper towel? Hmm.

Self: I do it to keep the kitchen washrags and towels looking nice.

Self: Wait. Why do I care about that?

I am here to happily report I have not bought paper towels in months. And... my dish towels and rags look like crap. I'm not worrying about stain removal. It's not like they still don't clean everything up. They just don't look as pristine in the drawer.

That's my little contribution to less waste in the world.

And evidence that I have whole conversations with myself. 

1 comments:

Connie Babe said...

got me thinking about me and my paper towels...i hardly ever use them, and doug will grab some to dry his hands and EVERY time i cringe inside...cuz i think it's a waste, use the towel hanging on the stove, it's clean.

so, what's that about? and why do i refuse to buy cheap paper towels?

i figured it out...they're a status symbol with me. we rarely had them when i was growing up because it wasn't something mom had to spend money on. the same way bananas represented all her bills paid (they were a splurge for her), paper towels on my counter say that i'm doing okay.

i basically use them for doug's lunchbox cooler...i put one at the bottom. until it's dead, then i'll put in a new one.

lol...got me thinking...