Friday, January 26, 2007

Holding your baby...

I was thinking yesterday about why it's different to hold your own baby/child than to hold someone else's.

There's the obvious emotional connection, etc. but a new idea occurred to me.

Leah knows my body so well.

When I'm holding another child it can take them a minute to get comfy. To figure out how to snuggle into me.

Leah doesn't need this time or even a split second. When I pick her up her body instantly molds into mine. When she is sleeping - she will reach out in her sleep and wrap her arm around my neck or snuggle with her back to me & her head on my arm. She never opens her eyes or anything. She just knows where she fits against me instinctively.

I love that.

I love my daughter. I love her connectedness to me. I love that her physical connection to me is a thing of "instinct" and requires no squirming to get comfy.

SmileyCentral.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cool observation Camille! I had never thought about it but you are right. You do just "know' how to fit together and it is special wonderful thing. :)