The last couple of months is such a blur. I guess sleep deprivation does that to you… or it could be the fun!
Hannah is such a happy smiley person. It’s so fun when she first wakes up in the morning and gives me huge grins in greeting.
Let’s see…
- Hannah still hates to poop. However, it doesn’t normally involve crying anymore. She just concentrates and gets it done. She will make her displeasure known if you don’t get that poopy diaper off her quickly though!
- Something I forgot to mention last time (although I did talk about the lazy suck) – Hannah eats slow. Not a little bit slow. A LOT slow. She averages 5-7 minutes per ounce – which is an improvement over a month ago. So a 4 oz bottle (which she regularly does now – sometimes up to 6) takes about 45 minutes with the burping, etc. Each bottle is a time commitment so sometimes when she lets me know she’s hungry I’m running around going to the bathroom, make the bottle, get a drink. I feel kind of bad for the poor hungry baby but I know once I sit down I know I won’t be getting up. SHE doesn’t care if I need to pee. haha.
- We found a pacifier Hannah likes – which was ENTIRELY necessary. She sometimes would ask to eat and then get mad when food came out of the bottle. She just wanted to suck but she didn’t like any of the pacifiers we had. We were constantly making bottles and she would eat 1/4 of an ounce and fall asleep. So I went on the internet and found the ones Leah used to like. They’re the most similar to the bottles we have and when I offered her that one she was happily sucking away within a split second. Whew!
- She’s also recently figured out she could try to fight sleep. But I’ve got her number! She can’t stay awake if I sing to her. Sometimes she doesn’t make it through a whole song. Sometimes maybe 5. So we rock and sing and she falls asleep quickly. I love those moments. So so sweet!
- Hannah is full of grins. She smiles at lots of people if they try long enough but I get all her big grins. She did give one to Drew today. He got SO excited. It was adorable.
- She’s starting to sleep really well. One 4-5 hour stretch every night and last night she did an almost 7 hour stretch!
And now she needs me to go rock & sing to her. She won’t go to sleep for Daddy. If I think of more things to add I will come back in a little while.
Oh! And for those of you waiting for pictures on her picture blog. I’ll put more up tonight or tomorrow. I left my camera at my mom’s last week with the card full of pictures. I have some from my cell phone from this week but I went and got my camera back yesterday. Whew! I’m no good at being without my camera!
ETA – She’s about 10 lbs now but I don’t know exactly. I only know that from the weigh myself holding her method.
0 comments:
Post a Comment