We sing that to her a lot. Even Leah sings it – to the tune of the Good Morning song (Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning to you!)
Anyway…
So Hannah is 5 months old and I have not written a post about her in forever. I. am. so. lame.
I wrote a very, very long blog post when she turned 4 months old. And my laptop came unplugged, turned off (long story) and I lost the entire thing. I’d been working on it for like 2 hours. It was so so sad. Because I’ll never remember it all again and I didn’t have another 2 solid hours to devote to it! Sigh.
So let me think of all the things this fantastic baby is doing…
She rolls all over the place. She’ll roll several times in a row to get to something she wants. She can sit up if she keeps her hands propped in front of her on the floor. She’s also sat up a few times completely but falls over fairly quickly.
She can’t get enough of cords. Electrical cords. She’ll do whatever it takes to get to them. I keep explaining to her it isn’t safe but she’s not so much into listening. ;)
She is about 16 lbs and about 24 inches. I can’t believe how fast she’s growing!! It’s just crazy.
She. Loves. Food.
I didn’t give Leah food until after 6 months but Hannah was already at that stage where she would watch you eat. Like a tennis match. Staring at the fork as it goes from your plate to your mouth. She wanted it so much!
So we started out with rice cereal – which constipated her. So we did baby oatmeal – she ate that like she’d been eating her whole life. So funny. She quickly tired of that though.
I had pureed pumpkin in the freezer so we started with that. Oh the happy GLEE. She was giggling and squealing. And she’s done that for each food as I’ve introduced it. I think probably the most hysterical reaction was sweet potatoes.
I did all veggies first – green beans, pumpkin, carrots, peas, carrots & pea, carrots & spinach, squash, sweet potatoes, etc. Almost all of it has been stuff I made. The things I’ve made her she won’t eat the jarred version of – dang it. Except green beans – she’ll do both of those. And I’ve not ever made the sweet potatoes myself (I will once she moves on to more chunky foods)
We’ve tried a few fruits and she really doesn’t like them very much. If I add oatmeal to the apples she’ll eat it - sometimes. And she’ll do a little peaches that way but not much. Oh and pears. But they all have to have oatmeal in them.
She squeals when she’s happy and when she’s mad. And when she’s mad it’s so high pitched it can cause you pain. Although I think at this point my ears might actually be damaged because it doesn’t hurt anymore! LOL It still hurts other people though.
She kicks. Not sometimes – not just when she’s excited – not just when she’s awake. She kicks all. the. time. I actually had to find new positions to feed her in because my right forearm was all kinds of sore from the amount of abuse it was taking. She’s strong!
She is still just the most smiley person ever. She grins and grins at people when we are out and about. As we’re shopping she kind of pulls people to us – making eye contact and grinning at them. They can’t help themselves but stop and talk to her. I love watching her do that.
She thinks Leah is the coolest thing ever. Leah can always make her laugh.
She is sleeping pretty well. Only her night starts between 5:30 & 6 pm. So it’s hard to go out and do anything. I haven’t been to the church youth group stuff in FOREVER because it starts at 6:30 and she’s already sound asleep. That part makes me sad. BUT…
She’ll stay asleep from that point until sometimes between 11 & 1. Then sleep again until 7. Sometimes she wakes up in between but she’s not hungry. Just wants her pacifier or something. And we get to go right back to sleep.
She only likes to sleep in her crib. Leah always slept with me. I loved cosleeping but alas... Hannah wants her own space! So she does all that sleeping in her room with a monitor next to my head. She will also sleep in her carseat but that’s it.
Oh! for about a week she was saying “mama” when I asked her too. She hasn’t done it for days. It’s so adorable to hear someone so small say anything! But mama is the best!
I’m gonna go ahead and post this because who knows when I’ll get to work on it again. It’s been a week of random sittings as it is. I’ll just come back and add stuff as I think of it like I did the others.
1 comments:
So cute! Look at them... Glad things are going well.
Post a Comment