The only thing I change now for this one is to use GF Soy Sauce/Tamari. Easy enough.
*****
As per requested...
Okay not really.
I mean it was requested but I don't really have a recipe. I keep rice cooked all the time. Jasmine Rice, Sushi Rice, Basmati Rice - whatever I'm currently in the mood for. Right now it's sushi rice.
Rice is the safest food on the planet for me and my digestive system so I like to keep it around all the time. I don't have it with every single meal but... pretty dang close!
Anyway - sometimes I turn it into fried rice but since for an IBSer anything high in fat is a no-no fried rice could be a bad thing. So here's what I do.
There are no measurements - sorry.
Ingredients:
- Cooking Spray (I use butter flavored)
- Cold Rice
- Soy Sauce
- Onion Powder
- Egg Whites (remember that two egg whites equal one whole egg)
- Salt
- Pepper
- a little bit of veggies - normally I try to include something that involves insoluble fiber since it'll be all wrapped up in the soluble fiber of the rice - peas, green beans, carrots
When that mixture is to the taste you'd like - push it out in a circle and make a big hole in the center of the pan. Drop your egg whites in the middle, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scramble. Just as the eggs are done stir them in with the rice. If you have warm/cooked/canned veggies to add do it now.
Done. Low Fat Egg Fried Rice.
*Sometimes I chop up a few pieces of turkey bacon and fry that first in the pan. Bacon Fried Rice. Sometimes I might pound a chicken breast really thin, season it with something, pan fry it with cooking spray really quickly then chop it up and add to the fried rice. Chicken Fried Rice.
After you do it a couple times the amount of seasoning becomes rather second nature.
Oh - and I really think this is the best with Sushi rice that's been cooked just right. But of course that's the one I'm in the mood for at the moment...
0 comments:
Post a Comment