Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sad or Bored?

Drew and I overhauled the garage yesterday. We put up quite a few shelving units and the garage looks AWESOME.

I had this hysterical conversation with Leah at one point...

L: I'm sad

M: Oh baby! I'm sorry. Why are you sad?

L: 'Cause I just am.

M: What can I do for you?

L: I don't know.

....quiet for awhile... She heaves a HUGE sigh.

M: What's the matter?

L: I'm still sad.

M: Maybe you're bored?

L: NO! I'm SAD! I'm not bored.

.....pause.....

L: Wait. What does sad mean?

C: Well, you are sad when one of your toys breaks. Or sometimes when mommy tells you no about something. Or when Daddy leaves.

L: What does bored mean?

C: Bored is just when you wish you had something to do.

L: Yup. I'm bored.

.....I deserve credit here for the fact that I never burst out laughing. She was so seriously and so cute. It would have hurt her feelings if I had. I gave her some ideas of what to do and she was off to busy herself.

Drew was inside doing something and came back out to continue doing the garage. I told him about the conversation then and laughed to get it out of my system!

4 comments:

Away2me said...

I love that story! She is just too smart.

Connie Babe said...

that is so cute! and kudos to you for not laughing...don't know that i would have been able to do that. :)

Sue said...

LOLOL That's so cute!

Sue

Jaycey said...

awww.

that's adorable.