Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I wish I had a brilliant New Year's post. But alas. ;)

Looking back? This year has been a happy one. I'm content with my life. And then I start to think why? Why was it so happy?

A lot of hard things have been going on the whole time. Drew has only worked half of this year. Financially that... well, it sucks. But we've survived. I am praying mightily that this year will be better for the railroad but I'm - of course - concerned given the current state of our economy.

I have a post in my drafts about the railroad. It's hard to talk about it because so much vernacular is involved and it's hard to explain. Some day I'll get it finished and then I can always link to it when I want to talk about Drew's job.

Anyway!

It's been a good year even with these things. I want money too but I love having my husband around so much. I am SO SO grateful he is my husband and my friend.

And Leah. I'm sure that's a lot of the reason everything still seems so happy. Living life with her is a treat beyond measure!

This is her saying, "Happy New Year!" (I swear - even though she's wearing her Christmas jammies and sitting in front of a Christmas tree! lol)



And let's not forget the great end to the year! The birth of Baby John!! This is him last night contemplating the New Year. It's going to be a busy year of growth and change for him!


Life is good!

3 comments:

Patti said...

Happy New Year, Camille. You and yours have a lot to be grateful for . . 2008 was special for you with Leah and now with a brand new baby in the family! Keep lovin' life as you do so well. Cheers to another wonderful year for you! Pep

Jaycey said...

Happy new year!

Erin Johnson said...

This was a great post. Happy New Year! Your nephew is adorable. I hope your sis is doing well. I sincerely hope things go better for you this year with Drew's job. It's pretty cool that he's been able to spend so much time with you and Leah while she is small. This special time goes by so quickly. Sending a hug your way!