***

Hosted by Peggy @ http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com
*********************************************************************
*********************************************************************
For Today May 11th 2009...
Outside my window... It's dusk. There's a nice breeze. I hear birds and dogs.
I am thinking... about another blog post I need to do but I don't have it all worked out in my head yet. And just before that I was thinking about the railroad. Please, please, please let my husband get called back to work soon!
I am thankful for... the cheerfulness of my child. There is no way to sink too low with her around. She is like literal sunshine to my soul.
From the learning rooms... today Leah and I did Montessori type puzzles. Of course since I did them with her I'm breaking Montessori rules right? She likes company. We also worked on some speech. MIL is a speech therapist. She says Leah has what's called a lateral lisp. I think that's the right word. Anyway, it just means she has her tongue forward for some sounds. Like S. So we are working on keeping our teeth together to say some sounds. She just thinks it's a game so don't worry about her. LOL The other day she was explaining a character on TV to me and I repeated the name wrong. She says "No, mommy. Let me show you. I will help you say it right." And the proceeded to slowly pronounce it for me.
From the kitchen... Today I did nothing in my kitchen. It's very clean. Today Drew babied me and did everything all day. (Since for Mother's Day yesterday, he bombed but today has been spectular!) The only fun thing on the agenda this week is to make these traditional Mexican cookies that for some reason are supposed to be in the shape of a pig. I happen to have a pig cookie cutter so I want to make them. We were supposed to do it on Cinco de Mayo but Leah got in trouble so we didn't. I'm sure I'll blog about them when we make pig cookies!
I am wearing... fleece jammy pants and a white tshirt with paint all over it.
I am creating... hmmm. I worked on my forum a lot today. I kind of downsized it. Pruned the membership, combined forums, etc. It's just not active like it used to be. It's a comfy, cozy place still though. I like those people. A lot.
I am going... to eat a fantastic taco salad when I'm done with this.
I am reading... Book 9 of the Wheel of Time Series - Winter's Heart
I am hoping... that Drew will learn something at his union meeting tomorrow. And that our next adoption will go really fast!
I am hearing... the TV. I should mute it for some peace! Ahhhh. done. Now it's silent.
Around the house... things are clean, everything is caught up. I wonder how often I'll get to say that on here. LOL
One of my favorite things... is holding my sleeping daughter's body on me. I just went to check on her and she was sleeping but on top of her covers and at the foot of her bed. So I picked her up to move her but I love that feeling so much that I stood there for awhile just holding her.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Tomorrow & Thursday we have school with Leah's cousin, Elaina. Wednesday is dance class - which is a last rehearsal because Friday is Dress Rehearsal, and Saturday is her first recital! I also have the youth activity Wednesday night, and oh and a church thing for me Tuesday night. I think that's it.
Here is picture thought I am sharing... Leah made this bag for me at church yesterday. All the petals and bees are her finger and thumb prints. So insanely cute. The tag said "thumb buggy" loves you as part of the poem. SO adorable.
1 comments:
Yay! I'm glad to see you're doing this!
Sue
Post a Comment