Monday, May 18, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Hosted by Peggy @ http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
*********************************************************************

For Today May 18th 2009...

Outside my window... It's is a perfect 79 degrees with a slight breeze. Fabulous!

I am thinking... about the fact that I need to grocery shop.

I am thankful for... a husband who doesn't mind taking over so I can have a good day of shopping with a friend.

From the learning rooms... Leah is asking to learn to read. She's 3.5. I can't decide what to do. That seems awfully earlier, she knows most of the sounds letters make so far now I'm just going to work on that. And I guess we could start memorizing sight words. I just am not ready for this!

From the kitchen... Nothing exciting. I haven't even contemplated dinner for today.

I am wearing... black capris and a t-shirt

I am creating... a happy home? I got nothin' for that one today!

I am going... do some shopping and cleaning. I need to unload and load the dishwasher but I can't because we ran out of soap and it still needs run! haha.

I am reading... Book 9 of the Wheel of Time Series - Winter's Heart (still)

I am hoping... that Drew goes to work soon. Sigh.

I am hearing... Drew talking and Leah pushing buttons on a phone.

Around the house... I haven't done anything since I went shopping today. Drew just ran to the store to go get dishwasher soap. He says he's all over the kitchen. I love him!

One of my favorite things... is days like today. This is the dreamiest weather.

A few plans for the rest of the week: School, work at the store, a seminary graduation tomorrow, a baptism at church on Wednesday - no too busy hopefully.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... I'm just remembering today that I love my husband.


2 comments:

Sue said...

Something for you to look into: Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. It's meant for younger kids like Leah. You can get it at pretty much any major bookstore.

Sue

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Sue! You're so helpful!