for Erin :)
(Pizza Crust post later – promise Renee!)
I’m very glad I’m actually typing this one up. I have the original recipe printed and all kinds of notes all over it as I changed things over time. It’s messy looking and sometimes it takes me a minute to decipher my own notes. lol
3 cups of cooked rice (great way to use up leftover white rice!)
3 3/4 cup milk
Combine rice & milk in a saucepan. Bring just to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Lower the heat to medium low. Cover the pan but leave the lid slightly ajar – don’t completely cover it. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes – or until the rice is soft and the mixture is thickened.
While that is going combine:
3 eggs, beaten
4 1/2 – 5 TBS, DARK brown sugar *
3/4 tsp vanilla **
scant 1/4 tsp salt
full 1/4 tsp cinnamon
When the rice mixture is ready, slowly drizzle in the egg mixture while stirring the rice – be careful – scrambling the eggs because you don’t it all in at once would be… well… disgusting. lol
Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
I like to eat this warm. I think traditionally rice pudding is supposed to be cold.
* okay. It doesn’t HAVE to be dark brown sugar. Regular brown sugar will do. But I do love it best with dark.
** I love vanilla flavor so I use a double strength one.
Oh and PS – Yes, I don’t add raisins. If you really want them you have two choices.
1. Put them in when you start the rice/milk mixture. They’ll do the soft gooey thing.
2. Just sprinkle some on top when you eat it.
Personally, I sprinkle more cinnamon on my bowl of rice pudding. I don’t care about the raisins and I don’t love raisins that have been cooked so long they're practically grapes again. ;) But that’s just a personal preference. lol
I totally forgot to take pictures. Oops!
1 comments:
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this for me. I will make it today! It's one of those comfort foods from my childhood that my mom made us. But, now it's time I learned to do it for myself. oh-to be a kid again! ha.
Post a Comment