Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ordinary Day

There isn't really much going on here right now.

Today Leah is sick. She's had a fever since about 9:30 last night. She's very quiet today. Saturday is our day where she gets to pick several games we play and she wanted to do it in spite of the fact that she doesn't feel good. She got through three before she decided she just couldn't do it anymore and now she's on the couch. Sick kids are the saddest thing ever!

I have backlog of picture/recipe posts I need to do. I think I'll go through those today. Maybe

The Ordinary Day Experience:

I had this funny experience with Leah the other day while I was cooking. I got her an apron for Christmas and she likes to put it on and come cook with me in the kitchen.

Anyway, I was making fresh pasta (I'm on a roll with that lately) and she wanted to help. So she comes in the kitchen and we cooked for 4.5 hours. Just her & I. We made fettuccine, linguini, angel hair, and ravioli. The filling for the ravioli plus 3 different pasta sauces. We just cooked and cooked. And she hung in there and helped the entire time. Then we had them all ready at once, we put 3 forks in each dish and the three of us sat down and just ate fresh pasta dishes until we couldn't eat anymore!

It occurred to me several times to get the camera and take pictures but - I don't know. Some how it felt like it would ruin this moment we were having. It was such a precious happy day. I want to remember it forever but I guess not with pictures. We were all so relaxed. Drew came in and out as we cooked to chat.

Some moments just belong to your memory only.

And all I could think throughout the day was: I love my life.

I love my child. I love my husband. And I love to cook!

0 comments: