Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mommy Judges

I know this is an age old topic but I've seen a few things on facebook lately that have me thinking about it.

Why Why Why WHY do mommies spend so much time judging each other?!!?!

Forget the huge working vs not working. Spanking vs not spanking. Blah blah blah.

I mean all the tiny little things...

You spend too much time with your kids. You don't spend enough time with your kids.

Your kids watch too much TV. Your kids don't get to relax enough.

Your kids are in too many activities. Your kids don't get to do enough.

You complain about your kids too much. You don't enjoy your kids enough. 
You're too _______ with your kids. You don't __________ with your kids. 


Seriously people?

Motherhood is HARD! Yes it's joyful, Yes there are amazing & wonderful parts. I love being a mommy. It's so part of who I am - it's not ALL of who I am though and when your children are fighting and hounding you for things and you can't complete a task or a conversation in peace and you're frustrated and do a facebook status... the last thing people are needing is a panel of judgmental moms who feel they are doing a better job with life!

Give it a rest. Cut each other some slack and really - how 'bout we all 'pretend' that we're all just doing THE BEST WE CAN and offer some encouragement?

Personally I think it's a good idea.

That is all.

0 comments: