But so often this is how it goes...
Everyone is outside playing (and on this day I mean Leah, Hannah & two cousins - Elaina & Julia). I'm starting dinner and I think to myself: ohh. now is a good moment.
So I quickly plug my phone into the external speakers I keep in the kitchen and hit play.
*split second passes*
Hannah: MOMMY!
sigh. pause the book.
Answer Hannah's request.
Back to cooking.. wait a few minutes... push play again.
*about 2 minutes pass* (That was a good long time, right!?!?)
Leah: MOOOOMMMMMM!
Pause. Yes?
Elaina: I'm thristy.
Sigh. pause the book.
You get the idea.
So this generally happens four or five times before I yell at everyone. It makes me insane. It's like my pushing play triggers my children's request. It's worse than going to the bathroom!
Still I enjoy it. I get to do it the most when everyone is asleep or if Drew takes the girls to the park or some place.
Besides - the only thing worse than my listening to an audiobook or going to the bathroom? Actually sitting down and opening a book to read. That makes everyone go completely INSANE. Even Drew can't handle it. He has openly admitted he suddenly feels like he needs to compete for my attention with the book.
Oy. Some people's kids and husbands, eh?
Good thing I love them!
0 comments:
Post a Comment