Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Husband

I just want to announce to the world today...

I LOVE My Husband.

He's so fantastic. He works so hard. He loves me. LOVES me. I love that he takes such joy from being in our family. He loves Leah so much & enjoys her!

When he's home from work he changes all the diapers. He feeds her breakfast & gives me mommy time. (I am supposed to be doing homework right now because he's out playing with Leah hehe)

I just think he's amazing & I think I'm a lucky woman.

This morning I was reading at a forum (not mine) where some people were complaining about how unhelpful there husband's are. And some of these husbands were demanding that their wives go back to work full-time & saying things like "I want to be able to go on nice vacations and stuff!"

I mean it's one thing if you NEED the money, of course! Or just if it is the woman's CHOICE to work. But if the whole reason for having a job is so you can take fancy vacations & buy lots of toys... Well, that just doesn't fit on my priority list.

We live fine on just his income. But if I went to work I could probably double what we are living off of. We've have a huge home & lots of toys. But it isn't where I find happiness & satisfaction.

And I am just SO grateful that my husband & I have similar priorities & ideas about what we want. And that he relies so heavily on my mothering instincts.

For instance, yesterday we had a discussion about the pacifier. He's tired of it. He wishes she didn't have it anymore. But after we talked & I expressed that I just KNOW she isn't ready to give it up yet - he immediately said okay! He trusts me & I love that. We talked about it for like 1/2 an hour but in the end he just trusted me.

And yesterday when we were on the phone while he was out of town, I told him I was tired & didn't want to cook dinner. He got on the phone & ordered me a pizza! He paid for it over the phone so all I had to do was answer the door & get the pizza.

How fun is it that he made me dinner while he was out of town??? LOL

I love him!

1 comments:

Patti said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Cam- What a sweet post. Having a wonderful, supportive hubby makes all the difference in the world - it's the best feeling. Enjoy it! :-)

Hugs - Pep