Monday, June 16, 2008

Tagged - My Scariest Moment

Tagged by Tracey to the the scariest moment...

hmmmm - I'm having a hard time thinking of this.

All of my scariest moments are wrapped up in the early part of our marriage when Drew was in & out of the hospital (he's bipolar). We spent the first year and a half of marriage taking care of him and getting him stable. Dealing with a husband who is in a psychosis... It's just scary. I was 22. It was a lot. I think I handled it well. I yelled at doctor's. I took good care of my husband. He's still bipolar, he still must take his pills every day but it's a back burner part of our lives. Thankfully! He's happy, healthy, and no one would ever even know he's bipolar. Yeah for stability!

I don't know if I can pick ONE moment & describe it though.

And as I've learned I generally am with a crisis - during the actual crisis I'm very calm usually. But after it's over & everyone is fine? Crash. Even after all that time with Drew - when he was healthy & happy & working & stable & just... himself - I went into a pretty deep depression. It was like backlash depression or something. My body just needed it I think - down time.

Or the other day when Leah fell out of a grocery cart & landed on her head? (PS the most sickening sound EVER is your baby's head hitting on concrete floor.) After hours of watching her & making sure she was fine - waking up every hour all night long to check on her so we could pass the 24 hour head injury mark - I laid down and sobbed. But I was very calm the whole previous day. Go figure.

I believe I'm supposed to tag 5 people to do this...

Leah

Deanna

Daisha

Becky (sorry about the double tag ;) )

Mandy

3 comments:

Tonya said...

I don't like that sound of head meets concrete either.

Patti said...

You're a lot like me, Cam. I tend to find amazing strenght amidst a crisis - but I literally crash when it's over. Even though it's rather stressful at the end, I believe it's a special gift, don't you? :-) pep

A mother heart said...

Hey Camille! Your mom sent me yours and leah's links. Such a cute blog you have. And even cuter family! Can't wait to read more and catch up!

Come visit my blog too!

Aubrey (Reeder)