This is a quote from the movie "Love Comes Softly" which I haven't seen. I'm stealing this from Connie's blog.
**I searched and noticed I'm very prone to that... stealing from Connie's blog I mean. I'm a thief!**
Clark says this to a woman (who wonders why God lets bad things happen) - Missie is his daughter:
"Missie could fall down and hurt herself, even if I'm walking right there beside her, but that doesn't mean that I allowed it to happen. She knows of a father's unconditional love. I'll pick her up and I'll carry her. I'll try to heal her. I'll cry when she cries and rejoice when she is well. In all the moments of my life, God has been right there beside me. The truth of God's love is not that He allows bad things to happen, it's His promise that He'll be there with us when they do."
***
I love that. A lot.
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
3 comments:
ah, i love that you are a thief!
I commented on FB on this too, but its just such a fantastic thing...it just explains things so very well.
To live here on this planet means that you will experience bad things, BUT to have the ultimate father at your side? His perfect love? I needed to read this today. Thank you.
I love that, too! And..you posted it at a perfect time. Thanks, Camille.
Post a Comment