Sunday, September 20, 2009

Popsicle House

Today Leah wanted to have school. She’s sick and it’s Sunday but she insisted. Silly girl. She really wanted to do a craft and I completely made this up on the fly. It turned out pretty good!
P9200002
First we took this piece of construction paper and I folded it so there were 16 squares, then cut out the corner squares. (I don’t know why that picture is so blurry. My apologies!)
The cut out pieces I folded in half and used them to glue in the corners:
P9200009
Then we just started putting glue on the sticks (just the bottom half) and sticking them on. Leah did one side & I did the other.
P9200011
After they were all on I took another piece of construction paper (that I’d cut to be roughly the right size) and just ran two line of glue on it and set it on there. It stayed just fine.
P9200014
We waited a few minutes and then used rubber cement to put the pieces on the roof. Leah really felt like the roof should be decorated. I thought the rubber cement would be better since the pieces didn’t slide while they dried.
 P9200017
Her gorgeousness:
P9200004
We probably should have glued a door and windows on the front but she was ready to move on to play the promised games!

1 comments: