Often agencies - in searching for adoptive parents that match a situation - communicate with each other. So when our agency gets those they forward them in emails. But last night's email made me feel frustrated. Perhaps because it just came to me on a day when I didn't want to see it but whatever.
It's a situation where the agency is looking for parents - actually they used the word "desperately" - they are desperately looking - for parents for a situation with an african american baby boy who is about 6 weeks old.
*waves hand in the air* me! me! me!
But wait - what?
They want 26,000. Really? $26,000. No, sorry. I don't think I can swing that. *rolls eyes*
I could rant for awhile about the money involved in adoption and how frustrating it is but instead....
*insert passionate rant here*
There. Whew.
And the other side of the coin? If I had it - I'd hand it to them and run to Florida (where he is) and get him. In a heart beat. Is that hypocritical of me?
But instead I will hope that someone has or is on there way. He shouldn't be just waiting for parents! I don't have it and believe me if I could scheme a fast way to come up with it I would.
Sigh.
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
2 comments:
first...sorry.
second...is that normal?
I'm sorry. That sounds a bit like baby buying... I know your next child is out there. I can feel it. Hang in there, hon.
Post a Comment