Monday, October 26, 2009

NaNoBloMo or No?

I've been trying to decide if I'm going to do that again this year. It was mostly fun last year but...

I really haven't been blogging much.

I need to get over that. Someone I care about said something unkind to my husband about my blog. Judgmental. And I was really hurt. And that has amounted to posts sitting in drafts and never getting posted because it's made me feel so.... uncomfortable I guess? I can't think of the right word. Vulnerable, maybe?

Which is ridiculous mostly - because I'm putting my thoughts and life out into the open internet. Of course people are reading it and of course there are people in the world who don't like me. (shocking I know. haha.) I guess I just wish it hadn't been someone I know so well. It's a lot easier to dismiss the things unknown people on the internet have to say.

And then there's the fact that this person will read this post. Or that this person made it seem like there was a conversation with multiple people that took place about my blog and it didn't sound nice. I don't know if that part is true or not but man...

Now what am I supposed to do??? Maybe you guys could tell me?

Maybe I should password protect my blog but that always seemed kind of pointless to me unless the blog was just for a certain group of people of course.

Btw - what was said about the purpose of my blog wasn't remotely true. I don't have a blog just to ask for things. I mean seriously. Ugh. I suppose I think the people who care about me think better of me than that. Apparently not.

8 comments:

Connie Babe said...

i love your blog. sorry someone used it to hurt you.

i understand the conflicted feelings...i haven't blogged REAL stuff for a bit because i am feeling vulnerable...oh well.

and then the private thing. do i make it private so my mean crazy sister can't read about my life? do i limit others access to my blog because of her? grrr.....

anyway. i've missed your postings. so hopefully, if you decide to go private..you'll send me an invite? ;)

Sue said...

Man, that sucks so badly. Somebody was a real f***tard. I've NEVER gotten the impression that you were using the blog to ask for things. That doesn't even remotely make sense. To me you write your blog for the same reason I write mine: To open up about your life, and about your love for your husband and your beautiful daughter. It's obvious.

Anyway, never mind that person if you can. There's a lot of us who really enjoy your blog and miss it when you let a lot of time go by.

Sue

Away2me (Deanna) said...

When have you ever asked for anything on your blog? That is just odd.

Screw 'em! That's my advice.

Kathy's Korner said...

Thats insane!!! The only thing you've ever asked for is an opinion! KEEP BLOGGING AND POO ON THIS IDGET!! And I hope to heck they DO read this and apologize for their out line comments. Its needed.

And if they make a stink about THIS post then they are acting out of defence and are not grown up to know when they whoopsed and need to apologize. And now they need to apologize twice. Quit while your ahead.

Becky said...

I agree with everyone else. I have never heard you ask or even thought you were asking for anything on this blog. I hope you DO NaNoBloMo. I love reading your blog!

And I hope you're paying attention person who should know Camille better than that! Shame on you!

Kristin said...

I miss you blogging as much as you used to. There are people that are over 1000 miles away that can't see you or talk to you as often as they used to and I wanna know what you're up to.

And, I've never thought that you ask for anything on your blog, well, maybe enlightenment and answers to your questions, but isn't that a lot of what we all do.

There will always be people who will say things. I've experienced it too, and you know what, even though this person is close to you, this is your blog and you can write whatever you want, regardless of what anyone else says. It belongs to you and no one else, and you should say what you want, completely uninhibited.

I love you and miss you much. I hope to see more blogging, because the missing you is much less when we have this.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else. I love reading your blog. It is nice to read about what is going on in your life...Leah, Drew and his job and of course, I love to read the recipes and what you are cooking.

I'm sorry someone said some not nice things. That must hurt, especially coming from someone you care about. Pray about it. Perhaps an answer will come to you. However, I feel that you should keep blogging. There are more people out here that enjoy it than don't. I would hope that those that don't will just stop reading it.

If you do password it, please include me in it.
Much love to you!

((((HUGS))))
Krista
www.redhhhgh@hotmail.com

Vida di Amore said...

Sorry, that happened to you. I enjoy your blog. I love the pictures, recipes, and what is going on with the family. There are always going to be opinionated people out there, but that is all it is...just an opinion. Keep blogging for those of us who enjoy popping by.

Suz