Monday, October 5, 2009

Football, Football

If you've ever known me at all, you'll know. I don't like sports. I don't want sports in my life. I don't watch them. No reason really. I just think it's boring.

But now? I like football.

My friend Camela - we watched a game at the same time and IMed about it. And she explained it so fantastically and... and... I don't know. It just clicked.

And now one thing lead to another, I'm DVRing all kinds of games and watching Monday night football and I have a fantasy football team. It's crazy.

When I told my sister she said (and I quote): Are you punking me?

That about sums up what a turn around this is for me.

And my husband? Is that happiest husband ever. His wife wants to sit and watch football with him and loves it. He is forever grateful to Camela. I told him he should buy her a present. lol

I get way more excited when I have players from my team involved. If I don't have any emotional investment I'm not as excited. (well, I'm still ME after all!) Tonight's game (packers vs vikings) was very exciting for me because my TE, Kicker, & Defense are all Vikings. Woohoo! That was great fun.

So there you have it. My new secret. I love football.

I made pumpkin pie during tonight's game. That will be a coming blog post because I started with a whole pumpkin and ended with a pie. See? Still me. Now it's just cooking AND football. Although I won't be doing something so involved again during a game I'm feeling invested in. That was a pain. Too many distractions. But this pie... YUM.

2 comments:

Camela said...

I'm pretty happy about it myself!!! I feel kind of proud. Go Vikings, it was a fun game to watch.

Lee Ann said...

In my family, I'm the football lover. Last weekend, my husband actually watched a little NFL. I was shocked! I prefer college football, but I'm still the sports nut in my house.