http://chezbeeperbebe.blogspot.com/2010/03/tutorial-and-pattern-recycled-mooshy.html
I read the idea for making these bunnies at the above link. I decided to use some shirts that Leah & I had tie dyed a couple of years ago. And this is the cute result…
PS I’ve never made any kind of stuffed animal before. This was a trial run for me. lol
At least the girls love them!
If you read the tutorial they came from you’ll see I did the tail differently. I cut a circle of fabric, did a really loose stitch around the outside of the circle and gathered it in. Then I stuffed it, hand sewed it closed and stitched it onto the body. Since it was fairly lose I also decided to hot glue them closer to the body. I didn’t want the girls (or Hannah really… lol) to rip the tail off.
And for the 2nd one I pinned the ears inside the body so that I didn’t have to sew them to the outside… because I happen to kind of hate hand sewing. It turned out cute still. I think I might pinch them at the bottom of the ear and put a stitch in each to make them more folded like the first bunny but eh. Maybe if I make more.
My hope is to find a few patterns and make Hannah a few stuffed animals specifically. Her dust allergy means she shouldn’t have a lot of fuzzy things sleeping in her bed with her. It seems like it would be better if they were cloth and things I can throw in the washer.
The girls have been carrying these around and sleeping with them. That gives me warm fuzzies!
And pardon the crappy pictures from my phone… I’m lazy.
1 comments:
love the tie-dye! A nice work for your first time making a toy...really.
Post a Comment