4 eggs, separated
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup rice flour
1 cup tapioca flour/starch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tarter
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp xanthan gum
1. Beat egg whites until stiff
2. Cream together egg yolks and sugar in a separate bowl until light.
3. Add cooled, melted butter, milk and vanilla extract.
4. In separate bowl, mix together the flours, baking soda, cream of tarter, salt and xanthan gum.
5. Add dry ingredients to the egg yolk mixture and mix thoroughly.
6. Fold in egg whites.
I added a little bit of milk at the end. Perhaps a tablespoon or two. To thin the batter a little bit. I think next time I’ll add slightly more. Maybe in the beginning to 1 1/4 cup milk.
But these were delicious and lovely!
I had pure maple syrup on mine and the girls had pure fruit jam on theirs. Nom!
I adapted this from this recipe: http://www.allglutenfreerecipes.com/index.php/gluten-free/detailed_recipe/belgian_waffles/ – It had baking powder in it – which has cornstarch.
If you ever need to know:
1 tsp of baking powder = 1/2 tsp cream of tarter, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp cornstarch.
0 comments:
Post a Comment