Second I really loved this sauce. It is wonderful but Drew? He said:
"This is the best sauce I have ever put in my mouth."
And then he wanted to know could he just eat it as soup... I think he liked it!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 finely grated carrot
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz tomato paste
- 28 oz peeled tomatoes, pureed, with juice
- OR 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, with juice
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 4 teaspoons oregano
- 4 teaspoons basil
- 1-2 tsp ground red pepper
- 4 teaspoons salt
Add to the crockpot: spinach and all tomato products and the sauteed mixture.
Cook on high for 4 hours or so. Or cook on low for longer - 6-8 hours. (From this point I really don't think you could mess it up. It just needs to cook a good long time so the flavors mix.)
PS - Crushed tomatoes are fine. I did the pureed ones to use up some whole plum tomatoes I had in the pantry.

0 comments:
Post a Comment