I've made a lot of taco seasonings over the years.
Different proportions, different this and that.
Sometimes I've still bought it over the years but since discovering Daughter #1 is allergic to wheat - this has not been an option.
I tried this one this week and it got seriously rave reviews from my crew...
http://glutenfreemonkey.blogspot.com/2009/03/gluten-free-taco-seasoning.html
The only thing I changed was the cornstarch. I used arrowroot powder.
Big Batch Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning
1/2 c. chli powder
3 T. garlic powder
3 T. onion powder
2 tsp. oregano
4 tsp. paprika
3 T. cumin
2 tsp. table salt
4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 c. arrowroot powder
1.5 tsp. ground red pepper
Combine in a pint jar with a lid (or a baggie works) and shake well.
3 T. for 1 lb of meat.
This is what I do - Ground turkey, thawed and crumbled in the pan. Add the seasoning and water (2/3-1 cup). Browning/cooking the turkey with some water in the pan gives it a great texture.
*If you follow the link above you can get the proportions for just one batch. I never do that though.
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment