Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Spirit of God Dwells Here

I was thinking earlier about all the elitism I hear at church, out in the world, among all religions, etc. It always makes me ragey and sad. It shouldn't be done. This scripture has come to me over and over again:
Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Oddly that doesn't seem to mention a specific religion. It doesn't say two or three Mormons. It doesn't say two or three Baptists. Catholics, Methodists, Born Agains, etc. Heck it doesn't even say which name. Heavenly Father, God, Jesus, Eloheim, Allah, El Shaddai, Yahweh, Adonai, Jehovah... (that's all I have off the top of my head lol)

My idea? Stop assuming your religion has the corner on having God pay attention to them.

That is all. 

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nakedpastor/

0 comments: