I'm just starting to type this post and my dear daughter is waking up! She's only been asleep 45 minutes. This will NOT do. I'll be back....
Okay.
I haven't posted in forever. Let's see. First
Leah - She is talking like crazy. I swear she says about 5 new words a day. Yesterday said said cheese & please & other stuff I can't remember. lol. Sunday she said grandpa & house before we were even out of bed. It's sooo fun to hear her little voice. I just love it.
_____
Leah & I went to Utah for a week. We visited a forum friend and her son (who is only 5.5 weeks younger than Leah). The kids played together soooo well! It was great fun. He taught Leah how to go downstairs. I've showed her so many times but apparently she needed to see another kid do it. We went to a place called "The treehouse museum" It made me want to live near a city. It was a kids imaginary play place. There were sooo many activities in there and it was a blast.
http://www.treehousemuseum.org - check it out!
And then the next day we went to the Hogle Zoo. That was a great time. It was amazing to watch Leah's intelligent eyes scanning a tree for an animal and then pointing and jabbering when she'd spot it. I love seeing the world through her.
Then we went south of SLC and visited one of my friends from high school. She has a 3.5 year old & a 5.5 month old. It was a wonderful visit. We have known each other so long & have crazily similar parenting styles (attachment parenting) and it's so nice to just BE with her. I love that about our friendship.
I also met her friend Melissa who I've wanted to meet forever. She has a site at www.rawmelissa.com - she's a raw foods chef. If you live in Utah you should check out her classes & her services!
And this morning I got an email from Melissa and she knows one of my roommates from college!! How crazy is that? Sometimes the world seems like a very little place.
___
I'm doing a Thai cooking class tonight. I've been prepping all morning. We are having spring rolls, corn pancakes, red curry chicken, & coconut ice cream. The spring roll mixture is made, the coconut ice cream is setting in the freezer (when it's partially frozen I have to put it back in the food processor to get a good texture). I have chopped most everything for the corn pancakes - including husking the corn and removing it from the cob! I need to chop veggies & chicken for the curry dish. It's not 'til 7 tonight but I think I'm gonna have to head over there about 6. It's going to take me awhile to get it all in the car by myself with Leah. (Drew is at work.)
___
I think that's pretty much it. OH! A woman whose parents live her (and she grew up here) just had quadruplets! They are going to be staying here with her parents for a little while so we are taking them some meals. I signed up for the main dish for Wednesday. I bought them a ham. I have to cook that tomorrow. I couldn't decided what else to do for 6 adults and 4 kids. Full house! They are the nicest people. The babies got released after only TEN days!! She did amazing amazing amazing!
____
Crazy story!
Last Friday we got home from the grocery store and there is this cat laying on the front porch (not anything special - happens a lot around here). But this cat looked kind of lifeless. So I go pet the kitty who just lays there and I start checking it out. The cat has a kitty cold & some kind of skin infection & is SOO skinny. It's eyes were swollen & mucous filled. Poor kitty!
FYI - if a cat can't smell, it won't eat. This is why cat colds are dangerous for cats. They get all stuffed up and won't even drink water because they can't smell it. So a cat can die from dehydration while they just have a cold.
So this cat also had lost a lot of hair on it's body (not head & tail) because of the skin issue. I could tell it was someone's pet but it was in BAD shape. Some kind of Persian cat too. (smooshed in face)
So I tell Drew "this cat is NOT going to die on my front porch". I can't deal with that. I am a CAT LOVER! So I go to put Leah down for a nap & Drew took the cat to the vet's.
He went in without the cat & told them the situation. They say "Go to the shelter". He goes to the shelter and it's closed so he calls me. I tell him "go back to the vet & make them help you!" So he goes back to the vet (still without the cat - it's in the car) and talks to the secretary again. She tries calling the police to see if they know where the animal cop is. In the meantime, he finally goes and gets the cat and brings it inside so they can see it. And then, of course, the woman is all "ahhhhhhhh" - because this cat is obviously so sick. She says they'll take it and Drew tells her we are willing to pay for the cats care just please call us if they think it needs put to sleep because we'll take it home. (I had another cat a vet wanted to do that with that had a cat cold and I nursed that cat back to health!) So they have our info & he leaves....
Before he's even home all the way she calls him again...
because....
IT'S THE VET'S CAT!!!!
It ran away 10 days ago & they thought it was gone for good! They were so excited. And I was so excited knowing that cat was for sure going to get the best care. :-)
What are the chances? not just that we had the vet's cat but that the cat crawled onto the porch of someone who would care enough to do something about it??
Happy crazy ending!
I hear Leah stirring again. I hate teething. She can't seem to sleep solid. Ugh.
Bye! :-)
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
2 comments:
Thank you for sharing!! That looks like a great site :-)
Wow, what a story about that cat! Lucky kitty....lucky kitty owner.
Post a Comment