Saturday, August 11, 2007

Adoption Forums

I have a couple of things in the adoption forum world that just drive me BONKERS.

1. There is a wide range of feelings about adoption in general - as with any topic really. What makes me crazy is the "get rid of all adoption" people who are telling the "adoption is sunshine & roses people" that they are only seeing one side of the story & vice versa. UGH.

They are BOTH close-minded, pig-headed ... well, you get the idea. And I am sick to death of reading any of it and listening to them try to convince each other that they are idiots. It's like watching two groups of people - each group on either side of brick wall - just banging and banging.

How in the world does anyone expect to change anything like that?

You don't convince people to see your point of view with sarcasm & insults.

2. Another thing that makes me nuts - see the same "get rid of all adoption" people not noticing which adoptive parents they are talking too. I mostly stay out of it but it isn't that hard to remember which aparents are for reform & which ones are not. Stop yelling at the ones who want reform! It's a freaking waste of time.

Most of all I'm just sick of people who are only at the adoption forums to PREACH. There are things to learn from EVERYONE. You may not agree with them but there are still things to learn.

So here's my NOT SO HUMBLE OPINION AT THE MOMENT:

If you are only at a forum to preach & scream YOUR view point & YOUR opinion, go away & shut up.

You can offer your view point & opinion when you are willing to LISTEN also.

It's really just an adult thing to do. Although, the older I get the more I realize that many people just never grow up.

See how I don't feel so nice right now?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

That's one of the reasons I can't stomach forums. Personalities just, plain get in the way of real dialogue way too often.

Patti said...

Well, your right and you made good points! Preach it, sista ;)! ha!

Kathy's Korner said...

AMEN AGAIN!!!

It is so hard to hear when you are being preached at. Or yelled at for that matter. Everyones situation is different....and if one were to take the time to really listen...without attaching their own agenda..wow....can you imagine?