I'm so sad today.
Today I am mourning my extended family, I guess. They can't behave. They can't treat each other with kindness, consideration, and a little leeway.
I tried to tell my brother. Your family is your family. You take the good with the bad BUT if everyone remembers that we are family no matter what you just work it out...
He doesn't think so. They all seem to think that you just cut the ones who irritate you from your life. :(
I am just feeling mournful. I can't give me daughter a loving extended family who will support her no matter what.
And I'm worried that she'll learn this lesson from them.
How do I teach her that you don't reject your family just for irritating you?
I'm telling nothing earth shattering as happened. Have these people NO perspective at all?
I feel like my family is part of who I am. They ARE part of who I am. For years I've been the only one who is talking to everybody. There's always people who aren't talking to each other. Except last night my brother called me - I'm fairly certain he was drunk. If he wasn't drunk than he's just crazy & needs major help. I didn't get most of what he said for a full 25 minutes. He was so erratic a lot of it didn't make any sense.
Must people behave so childishly?
I'm just heartbroken. I just feel like I can't deal with this.
It was my husband's heart's desire to move back to this town. I feel like I've landed in hell.
...and we're closing on the house on Wednesday. I'm gonna be here awhile I guess...
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
4 comments:
Move to Florida.
Cam...Oh how I have wondered the same things...this, however, is why I live nine hours away from my family because no one is very nice to eachother for very long. I will tell you though that Leah will see how you love unconditionally and she will mirror that. You will teach her by example!!
She will be fine! Just think...it would have been so much worse for her as far as extended (and immediate family for that matter) if she would have stayed where she was born into!
Love you!
LOL!!! Florida has trains doesn't it?
Seriously, big hugs to you. It is hard. Like Daisha said, Leah will learn how to handle this from you. She will grow up wondering the same things you do. :(
Hang in there!
I'm so sorry. Most of my family is forgiving enough to get past any differences and realize that no one's perfect. But my husband's sister... well, we haven't talked to her in about 10 years. Over what, initially? $100. Yep. Of course, that developed into her telling outrageous, horrendous stories about my husband and myself, to the point that we changed our number and wrote her off. I tried to reconcile once, about 5 years ago, and was greeted with the most disgusting, vile response you can imagine. So, difficult though it was for me, I no longer have a SIL.
If you are the only one still talking to everyone, way to go! I am sure that Leah will pick up on your priorities of family first, no matter what. But if you don't feel like you have an extensive extended family, branch out into your friends more. MAKE a family for yourselves. Friends can be just as important as cousins and aunts and uncles.
Post a Comment