Pep - Thanks for checking on me! Hugs!
We decided not to buy that last house. We have the financing but something was really shady about that guy selling the house. It just started to really not feel right & we decided to listen to our instincts. It still makes me sad but what can ya do? lol
We've looked at tons of things since then. The current deal is "What I can afford, I don't want. What I want, I can't afford!" LOL It's not really quite that bad but it's taken me some time to convince Drew that we don't have to buy the house we are going to die in for our first home! Most people don't.
I also learned something funny about him during all of this. I've always known he was impulsive about some things (I love that about him!) but he is so funny during house hunting! Whatever house we are standing in... THAT is his favorite house ever! By about the 5th house the real estate agent & I were hysterical about it! Every time it was "Forget the others - I love THIS one!" Soooo funny.
At any rate, after all this looking we are finally back to what I wanted to do in the very beginning. There is a town house for sale in the nicest neighborhood in town... no - it's the 2nd nicest I guess but I like it better than the one with even bigger houses. Anyway, it's a nice neighborhood with a bank of 5 townhouses right in the middle of it. The cost is quite a bit less than our budget and just barely more than we are paying in rent right now! When I brought it up in the beginning Drew said, "no way" - but now suddenly he thinks it's a great idea!
So we made an offer today & we should hear back tomorrow. I think it will be accepted. It was a good offer. I wish we would have heard back today but I guess that was too much to hope for! It's a relocation company that is selling it.
Anyway - It's got 3 bedrooms, a bathroom, and a the laundry room on the upper floor. I LOVE that the laundry room is upstairs with the bedrooms! That rocks.
The main floor is the kitchen, dining and a small living room. Off the dining area is a sliding glass door to the deck & the fenced in backyard. Also in the dining area is two doors - one to the one car garage and one to the basement that is finished. There is a family room down there & a storage closet. The realtor was telling me that several people have put a 2nd bathroom into the storage closet as we were opening the door & sure enough... two walls are framed up & you can see on the floor where someone had drawn the plan for what they wanted. I thought that was funny. After we get moved in I'll have my brother do an estimate for what it would cost to have at least a 1/2 bath put in down there. It is a bit annoying that you have to go up 2 flights of stairs to go to the bathroom. I don't know how that is going to work with potty training! yikes. - at least her little potty can go anywhere!
I'm excited about it. It's more a lateral move from where we are now but an easy move into home ownership. And it being so much expensive is a nice bonus.
In other news, I've decided today I want to finally get a dog! I have settled an a Chinese pug. I found a breeder who is only 4 hours from here so I don't have to have the dog shipped! I looked for a long time all over online to try to find one in Wyoming. Then I discovered they had a new litter YESTERDAY!
http://wyboxers.com/maggie.aspx - you can see pictures of them here. It would be good timing if I can get one from this litter. They puppy will be ready about a month after we've moved. Just right! After we here for sure about the house, I will contact them & make a deposit.
Today I said to Leah, "Do you want a puppy?" She started yelling PUPPY! PUPPY! and ran for the front door. I'm taking that as a "YES!" lol
She's been amazing lately. She wears me about but I am constantly fascinated by her. Today I was changing her diaper & she stood up, smacked her own butt, and said "My butt!"
What the heck???
LOLOL
I love that kid!
Should I get a boy or a girl puppy?? Pros? Cons?
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
2 comments:
Oh man I couldn't get the link to the puppies to work! The house sounds like a great move. Not getting in over your head is a really smart move. As far as girl dogs or boy dogs, I like girl dogs but no matter what you get, spay or neuter and do it when they are young.
Congrats on the house!! I can't wait to see pics, it sounds really great.
Post a Comment