Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Early Morning Bloggin'

It's only 7:26. I've been awake since 6 but I'm still in bed. Leah is here next to me. She keeps whimpering and crying in her sleep. I think it's her teeth. The most confirmation I can get is that she won't let me touch them. She's always been fine with me feeling her teeth before.

So Leah had 3 teeth as she turned one. Right after she got her 4th. Totally she got 13 teeth in 11 months. So she started out slow and then zoomed through them & is totally "caught up" with the charts. All that is left is her 2 year molars. After near constant teething I really though we were gonna get a break from it. That last eye tooth took 3 weeks to break through. It was miserable!

She's had a fever on & off, bowel issues, she won't let me touch her teeth, and she's whimpering in her sleep. So, even though I don't want it to be true... I kinda have to admit it seems like she's going to get these blasted 2 year molars.

At least we'll be done after that right? *weeping*

So I'm up because Drew always sends me a text message when he gets called for work. This morning he sent it at 5:59. I had the phone on vibrate but it was laying on wood so it woke me up. With Leah's intermittent whimpering/crying in her sleep I can't get back to sleep myself.

I don't know that I ever said on my blog but we got two kitties! We decided to name them Benny & Joon (know that movie?) The orange one is a boy (did you know it's rare to have an orange girl cat? Something about the orange color being on the male gene most of the time) & the other is a black/white tuxedo girl. They are from a wild litter of kittens. We got them from the shelter. There was a full-page ad in the paper about how over crowded the cat area was. So off we went! I'm still having to work with them to get them used to human contact. Leah LOVES them. They are set up in the bathroom for now & every time we go in there Leah comes running so she can pet them. She's very gentle & it's so sweet to watch.

Sadly, Benny is sick now. I don't know if Joon will catch. Likely she will because it's "the cat cold". It's highly contagious. In an older established cat it's not a big deal but in this itty bitty kitties it's more worrisome.

Did you know a cat won't eat when they can't smell? Can you imagine when you got a cold & your nose was stuffed up if you just had to stop eating & drinking?

They are too tiny to not be eating and drinking. I've this cat cold in my house before. I had another shelter cat that came with it. Sigh. I had to feed her with a syringe to force it down her. We had taken her to the vet in Boise & she said to prepare ourselves but she wasn't going to live. Well, whatever! I nursed her through it. The other cat we had at the time got it too but she was older and while she lost a little weight was perfectly fine.

Benny's poor eye is all swollen too (the cold gets in their eyes). :(

Well, that's my early morning ramblings. I want to get up & move around but since Leah keeps crying in her sleep I feel stuck here!

1 comments:

Mandy said...

Cam I am tagging you!! The instructions are on my blog if you have never been tagged!!