Monday, May 26, 2008

Connected

Here's something not many people know about me...

You know when you're driving & you see behind you an ambulance is coming, you pull over to let them by?

This makes me cry. Everytime.

Everytime it happens it is a remdinder to me that we're all connected. I don't know where the ambulance is going. I don't know what the emergency is but I pull over. I take time out of my day - it's never very long, of course.

But somewhere, someone I don't know (most likely) is having an emergency & it effects a lot of people as that ambulance speeds to their aid.

Not a big deal but it makes me teary every time.

2 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

So true... I get emotional before every holiday (like this Memorial DAy weekend), just thinking about the families that will lose loved ones on that occasion.... I think about how they will never again equate Memorial Day with barbeques but with tragedy...

Anonymous said...

Memorial Day is actually what got me thinking about my ambulance issues!

I hate war.