Lately talking to Leah has become a blast. She's like a PERSON who can have actual conversations with me! LOL
Today she was standing in the seat part of a grocery cart & was refusing to sit. I told her if she didn't I would have to buckle her in. I also took something she was playing with (I forget what it was). After I had her sitting & buckled she said to me...
"I'm so mad at you. SO mad!" (while waving her arms in the air to accentuate her point)
I nearly lost it. I just grinned at her. I didn't want to laugh out loud because what if it hurt her feelings?? But instead she starting laughing to so it diffused the moment. But MAN that was funny!
Then a little while later she had my notebook and...
Leah: I want a pen.
Me: I don't have a pen, baby.
Leah: Papa Howard does! (in a very teenager "you're an idiot" kind of voice)
Me (laughing): Oh really?
**Side Note: Papa Howard is my biodad. He is the manager of the meat department in the store.
Leah (yelling at the top of her lungs): PAPA HOWARD! PAPA HOWARD! PAPA HOWARD!
Leah (to me): He not answering me!
Me: He can't hear you from here.
Leah: Oh.
About 10 minutes later as we approach the meat department she spots him and begins yelling again. I was laughing so hard he came over to see what was going on. I told him - he immediately whips a pen out & gives it to her. LOL
The whole thing was hysterical.
Every day with this girl is SUCH a treat!
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
1 comments:
Awe!
Post a Comment