Sunday, August 23, 2009

Enjoy it

There are a million funny memories in my head from Leah. Adorable things she says through out the day.

Today she cleaned her room and while it still required many suggests about what to clean next and it took forever - there was no screaming fits and no tears and no time outs. So I stood her on the bed so we were eye-to-eye and said: Thank you Leah for cleaning your room without screaming or crying or yelling. Thank you.

And she threw her arms around my neck and said: Thanks mommy!

I loved that!

But the moments I think about more are like this (which has crossed my mind probably 20 times today):

I wake up at some point in the middle of the night...

"Mommy can I get in bed with you?"

"Sure baby"

...she crawls up the side (our bed is high) settles in & I'm nearly already asleep and she says while searching under the covers near me...

"Mommy? Will you sleep holding my hand?"

...

Wow.

I love those quiet sleepy requests. So tender. So precious.

And while I know she will make me laugh and touch my heart with her personality & her fabulousness long into adulthood and beyond, those precious little requests won't last forever.

So, Leah - yes, please wake me up in the middle of the night and ask me to hold your hand because I would love to. I will cherish it for the brief little moments they are.

I may even go get her and bring her to my bed in a few minutes. Drew's not here and she will love it.

Being a mommy is the best thing ever.

5 comments:

Vida di Amore said...

It is the most amazing gift in the world. I loved those special moments that you wish you could bottle.
Thanks for sharing, Camille.

Suz

Connie Babe said...

:)

Jaycey said...

awww

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Awww.... Very sweet.

Patti said...

awe.. that made me tear up.