Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tea Party Etiquette

So Leah & I are having a pretend tea party where she has prepared muffins. About the muffins she tells me. "I made these in my kitchen - I mean in my restaurant."

"Really?"

"Yes. I used eggs and oil and flour and everything else I needed." (I love my kid. How funny she knows what goes in muffins)

Then as we are having the tea party and she keeps saying "Here Mother" "Would you like some more Mother?" "Do you need anything Mother?"

I don't know why she is calling me Mother. She's never called me that before. Very good proper tea party etiquette!

She's adorable!

***

Once months ago she came in and says to me "I'm a restauranter."

"Do you mean a waitress?"
"The person who takes the order."
"Yes, waitress."
"Oh. I'm the waitress. What would you like?" (Pen & paper in hand)
"I'd like some pizza."
"Sorry. We sure don't have any pizza. How 'bout a hamburger?" (I think it was hamburger. That was awhile ago)

I laughed so hard. What the heck? It's invisible food! Why can't I have what I want??

Today she asked me that and said I wanted an egg roll and she told me no. "My restaurant doesn't have egg rolls. You can have this carrot."

Sheesh!

4 comments:

Jaycey said...

was it at least a real carrot?

Connie Babe said...

duh mother!!!

Sue said...

LOL! She sounds delightful.

Anonymous said...

Jaycey - sadly no. It was a plastic carrot. She did say later I could call it a "carrot roll" if I wanted. lol