Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Numb Tongue

I just had the most bizarre experience.

I don’t know if I can even do this justice in writing…

So I cut myself a brownie – well, just the edge of a brownie. I do so love the edges! I set it on the end table in the living room and forgot it about it for awhile.

A couple hours later I sit down again and hooray! There’s my strip of brownie edge.

I begin to eat and think “this tastes odd…”. I set it down and go back to what I was working on. A couple minutes later I take another bite and have the same thought and realize that it’s odd but familiar.

And my mind starts spinning. What in the world IS that and WHY WHY WHY is my TONGUE GETTING NUMB? WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?

And then I have a thought… earlier Drew said he’s tongue was numb. But why? Why was his tongue numb? Oh that’s right. He used Anbesol. But *I* didn’t.

Out loud I say: Where did you cut open that Anbesol?

Drew: What? Why?

Me: Was it on the kitchen counter? Did you use the knife by the brownies?

Drew: Ya I did.

Then I tell him what has happened. I picked up that knife and I cut my brownie strip with it. And now my  brownie tastes weird and my tongue is numb.

And what did he do? He laughed.

And I don’t mean he chuckled. He laughed like a crazed hyena until he couldn’t breath and was gasping “ow! ow! ow!” and I shoved him into the garage away from me so he could contain himself. He couldn’t look at me without beginning to laugh again.

(and if you know Drew you are chuckling now because his laugh when he’s laughing out of control is totally hysterical)

Even now several hours later he just walked past me and started to chuckle again.

It’s okay. You can laugh too. It is kind of funny…

I think I’ll get a new knife for the next piece of brownie!

2 comments:

NIblet said...

I'm trying hard to figure out a party setting wherein I can use this great information... I mean raelly, wouldn't this be a great prank?

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

:) That is pretty funny!