Sunday, February 5, 2012

Do you like me? Do ya? Do ya?

Do you have people in your life who do that?

I do.

I have this one section of people in my life who want me to constantly prove that I like them.

I just don’t have any idea what to do about it. If you have some advice I’d love to hear it.

What I’ve been doing for years is… ignoring it. I’m just myself. If I don’t like you, you will know. But I don’t feel like I should have to go about life PROVING that I like someone.

That’s just exhausting. It’s more about them than it is about me really. A self-esteem issue? I don’t know.

But I don’t like it. And I get tired of hearing through the grape vine “She doesn’t like me.” when I feel like I have done absolutely nothing to suggest that.

Even from people who have rejected my invitations to spend time together! Seriously?

So don’t invite me over, etc… Decline my invitations when I extend them… flat reject me or blow me off about other invitations… and then? Say that *I* don’t like *you*.

*smacks head on desk*

Someone explain this to me. I’m apparently never going to get it.

 

image

image

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Drama queens. I ignore them. Even if I manage to prove myself and become their trusted friend, all they ever want to do is whine about how someone else doesn't like them. Life's too short.

Connie Babe said...

so...are you saying that you like me?