Friday, February 24, 2012

Five Words

Today I read two blog posts. One was from Camela who does a thing called BYOC (bring your own crazy) every Friday and the questions are always different. One of them today was to have several people (friends, family, etc.) describe you in 5 words.

And then another was a link Camela sent me to a post challenging a person to come up with 5 things you like about yourself.

I knew I’d have a hard time with that but having my friends say nice things to me was a lovely thing to have happen today as I’m mentally not in the best place in the world. Getting used to having Fibromyalgia – it’s a toss up whether that’s harder physically or mentally…

Anyway – this was great fun and I highly recommend it if you need a mental boost. And then ABSOLUTELY go write five nice things about yourself! Above all we should like ourselves!

Drew
I totally told him he had to add more to replace clean because… LAME.

  1. Clean (gee. isn’t he romantic?)
  2. Motivated (huh?)
  3. Sensitive
  4. Perfectionist (who is he talking about?)
  5. Sexy (awww)
  6. Sensual
  7. Committed

Leah
(she was so extremely shy about this. It was so sweet!)

  1. good cook
  2. nice
  3. gives lots of kisses (then we had a little talk about what the word affectionate means)

Hannah

Me: Can you describe mommy?
Hannah: Yes.
Me: Well?
Hannah: FUNNY! (with all the glee in the world. I love that girl)

Renee

  1. smart
  2. funny
  3. awesome
  4. compassionate
  5. honest

Kathy

  1. empathetic
  2. creative
  3. loving
  4. patient
  5. strong

Leah (my sister)

  1. compassionate
  2. nurturing
  3. intelligent
  4. talented
  5. sensitive

Camela
who wouldn’t stop at 5 and when I pointed that out said she was doing a 2nd set of 5. She’s a rebel.

  1. real
  2. loyal
  3. trustworthy
  4. fun
  5. a little crazy
  6. intense
  7. mother
  8. friend
  9. creative
  10. smart

Jeff

  1. Genuine
  2. Irreplaceable
  3. Witty
  4. Vulnerable
  5. Loyal

Ann Marie

  1. Amazing
  2. Brave
  3. Fierce Dancer (I've not seen it, but I can imagine)
  4. Cool Mom
  5. Awesome Friend

Ann Marie said these things to me on FB and then we had the following exchange:

Me: Thanks!! And LOL at Fierce Dancer - In my own mind I am. That's the same thing, right??

Her: I believe that is the DEFINITION of being a fierce dancer. :D

(that made me laugh. hard.)

Jen

  1. thoughtful
  2. great listener
  3. compassionate
  4. strong
  5. persevering

Becky

  1. generous
  2. selfless
  3. Google-queen
  4. genius
  5. mathematician

My Mom/Cathy

  1. brilliant
  2. forgiving
  3. absolutely fabulous friend
  4. intuitive mother
  5. such.a.wonderful.daughter.
  6. thoughtful

Me

  1. I’m a loyal friend
  2. I’m a good mother
  3. I am sensitive, emotional AND emotionally strong. (These things can coexist. I think people seem to often not know that.)
  4. I am loving and affectionate.
  5. I am generous.

That list I made myself took me forever! Sweet glory. I don’t know what that says about me but I don’t feel like analyzing it!

Now go forth and do this exercise. It’s good for you!

2 comments:

Read said...

I could go on....

NIblet said...

Great list, but I think they left out RESILIENT!