1/3 cup plus 2 TBSP Brown Rice flour
1/3 cup plus 2 TBSP Tapioca Flour/Starch
1/3 cup plus 2 TBSP Sweet/Glutinous Rice Flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp arrowroot starch
1 tsp cream of tarter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted and cooled until warm
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup raw sugar (or white sugar)
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla
1–1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips* (with no peanut warning!)
In one bowl sift all the dry things together – flours, xanthan gum, soda, salt, cream of tarter, arrowroot. I sifted them twice to ensure they were as smooth as I could get them.
In the stand mixer (that’s what I used. You can use whatever floats your boat – or is available in your kitchen…) put the brown sugar, raw sugar, and butter. Mix until very thoroughly blended.
Add to that mixture the eggs and vanilla. Mix again until combined and it turns a much lighter color and is fluffier.
Add the dry ingredients a cup or so at a time.. Mix until blended.
Add the chocolate chips. Mix by hand.
CHILL THE DOUGH – for about an hour.
Preheat the oven to 325. Center rack.
Make a ball of dough that’s about a rounded tablespoon and leave the cookies about two inches apart.
Baked for 12-14 minutes.
When you remove them from the oven allow them to sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack.
*The amount of chocolate chips depends on my mood. These pictures have 1.5 cups. It’s a lot of chocolate and makes them messier to eat until they are totally cool. I really love the cookie part of chocolate chip cookies so sometimes I use less chocolate so that I get more dough bites.
**If you want you can use two tsp of baking powder and omit the arrowroot, baking soda, and cream of tarter. Baking powder has cornstarch so I have to avoid it.
I’m done revising these cookies now. In between my posts there were about 10 slight adjustments. I do want something to more finely grind my oat flour but I won’t change the amount.
The End! Yummy!
0 comments:
Post a Comment