So yesterday I went to church without Leah & Drew. (Leah was still asleep when I left) After she got up they colored, played with playdoh, etc. At some point she asked Drew to go for a walk. He said she walked all over the place. Up & down multiple streets - like she was a mission. And finally he said "Leah, why do you want to walk so far? Where are we going?" And she looked at him & said "Looking Mommy." and kept walking.
That just makes my heart ache. Ouch.
*****
This morning I was talking to her about Christmas because we were watching a Miracle on 34th street. I asked her "What do you want for Christmas?" And she said, "Christmas Tree!"
"Baby, we already have a tree. At Christmas mommy & daddy buy you some presents. Is there anything you want?"
She looks at me thoughtfully for a few seconds...
"PANTS!"
(me laughing) "You want pants?"
"Ya, mommy. Pants!"
Such a nut!
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment