I am beginning this blog post with no idea where it's headed. Leah is asleep next to my, I have a cold AND I'm cold!.
My husband is the best nurse. He brings me stuff, makes me stuff, & basically caters to my every whim. What in the world did I do to deserve that??
Yesterday I asked for these frozen Thai eggrolls from the freezer. He made them, made me a drink, arranged them on a plate with a ramekin full of sauce & then sliced lemons, sprinkled some herbs on them and arranged those on the plate too. That's so sweet, right??
And when I came home from work yesterday morning. The bedroom was clean & he had gathered every snack in the house & put them all on my nightstand. 3 kinds of chips, pretzels, 2 dips, drinks, etc. And the bed was turned down waiting for me.
He's pretty fantastic!
Right now he's cleaning the kitchen!
***********
I don't believe I mentioned on my blog that Drew has not worked in a month. He's still getting some pay (like 1/4 of his normal) because the railroad is replacing track & so they laid off quite a few conductors. It's not permanent & he should go back any day but it sure stinks to be out of work for now!! He loves his job SOOO much too. It's hard for him to not get to go.
So I started doing some work for my biodad a couple hours each morning. He does merchandising at the grocery store. Nabisco, Keebler, Almos (several brands in there), Snyder (also includes several brands), several different jerky brands. Basically anything in the cookie/cracker aisle except the store brand. So I've been stocking, rotating, making orders, etc.
Woohoo.
I hate leaving Leah. She's okay though. She's with her Daddy!
***********
I should be doing homework. My 2nd semester of grad school has started & I haven't accomplished a single task. NOT good. I'm having a hard time getting back into. Blech.
Maybe I'll at least go check out some of the assignments. Maybe.
**********
Leah has become an "under the blanket" sleeper. Her head & everything. When she gets out in her sleep she will pull it off her head. But mostly she sleep completely cocooned in her blanket. It's very cute. At least I know she's warm!
It’s Not About Hate. Not Entirely.
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment