Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Simple Woman


Hosted by Peggy @ http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com
*********************************************************************

For Today June 1st 2009... (okay. It's really the 3rd. I forgot!)

Outside my window... it is a gorgeous, peaceful day.

I am thinking... about how sleepy I feel.

I am thankful for... my happy child.

From the learning rooms... Not much. I've decided to stop our scheduled school times for the summer. The stuff we do with E (the favorite cousin!). We're still going to be doing things because Leah loves too but there's so much going on right now I need a mental break.

From the kitchen... I made two loaves of homemade bread yesterday in my bread maker. I haven't used it in forever. I think I'll do another today. I want honey wheat!

I am wearing... a fluffy red robe.

I am creating... a happy day for Leah.

I am going... get up and do some chores after this.

I am reading... Book 9 of the Wheel of Time Series - Winter's Heart (yes, still! - but I'm almost done now. I listen to the audio book while I clean, etc. That's why it's taking so long!)

I am hoping... that we survive this economy. Drew got furloughed. I don't think I blogged that. We most definitely don't have enough money coming in now.

I am hearing... Bert & Ernie on PBS Sprout.

Around the house... a few things need done but it's not bad. Leah's room is trashed. Her favorite cousin came over and played for five hours yesterday! they TRASHED that room but had a fabulous time and I got a lot done.

One of my favorite things... crab.

A few plans for the rest of the week: My sister (who lives in FL) is here - well at my mom's an hour away as of the wee hours of the morning. She'll be here with her son & husband for the next two weeks.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... Leah has been in a "daddy phase" for months. Four or five days ago she has suddenly returned to a mommy phase. She has been glued to me for days. (which is why I got her cousin over here for 5 hours yesterday!)

Here is how we played a game of Chutes & Ladders on my phone:

2 comments:

Sue said...

That picture is so cute! Hmm. I forgot to do a Simple Woman this week, too. Maybe I'll do it today.

Sue

Jaycey said...

aw that's adorable. :D