Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Adoption #2

So I announced before we sent all our paper work in to the Denver agency...

Well, first let me add a little refresher....

We call LDSFS to find out which office we are assigned to from this area because there isn't a WYOMING office. The say it's the Centerville Utah office. Okay. Thanks.

We send our info there. We meet with a worker in Rock Springs (120 miles away from us). We don't hear anything for a long time but we were in the middle of a lot and not really paying attention. When we realize we call. Our worker has moved to North Carolina. We have a new one. Okay. Thanks.

I talk to the new worker and he thinks it's dumb that we are at his office because the Colorado office has someone who drives through our town once a month. He has our file transferred. Okay. Thanks.

We meet with this new worker. We really like him! He gives us all the paperwork. We fill it out but don't send it back because Drew is getting cut off work so much.

But now we send it in, with the homestudy money a couple weeks ago.

And two days ago I get an email from.... wait for it....

The Utah office.

Seriously??

So I write her back and ask if she's sure. She says yes. That our new worker is D, she also lives in Wyoming, and that we have to wait for her to call us.

Sigh.

We've done the initial "intake interview" twice. If we have to do it a third time I might actually have a fit. Okay?

2 comments:

Connie Babe said...

i think that they should only hire people who have had some personal interaction with an adoption...either themselves, or someone they love...

maybe there would be less crazy makin'.

sorry...chin up...your next child will be amazing also!!!

Stephanie said...

Ugh, how frustrating Cam!!