Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Parental Pride Moment

Today during dance class Mrs Babbette (yes that's really her name) comes over to Drew and says "You won't believe what your daughter did." And he's thinking "Oh man. What?" (which is funny since she's never been in trouble in class!)

And this is the story she tells him:

J's (another girl in her class) grandmother had come in the beginning of the class and brought J's sister but not J and said she was being horrible today and couldn't come. So they continue on with class but part way into it J comes in. She was being crabby to everyone and sort of participating but not really.

They get to the "shake em game" which they do with pompoms. The kids were all excited because Babbette had bought new pompoms but as it turns out she'd bought five sets and there were six girls there today. Well, it just so happens it was J who was the only one who did not get a new set of pompoms. She was sitting off to the side and crying holding her "old" pompoms and wouldn't come do the game. Babbette couldn't calm her down.

So my sweet child - without saying a word - walks over to J and takes her old pompoms out of her hands and gives her the set of new ones she had.

J is happy and they play the game.

Babbette told Drew she has never had a child that young who worked so well with other kids (which may or may not be true but it's sure nice to hear lol). She said she's good at sharing, taking turns, follows directions, she says please, thank you, etc.

I'm feeling proud of who she is. That's a lot of emotional maturity for a 3 year old.

That's my brag post. I'm done now. lol

5 comments:

Connie Babe said...

Yeah!

(about the teacher...why would she pull out new things when she is 1 short??? and i wonder if she ever watched gilmore girls)

But back to Leah...YOU GO GIRL!!!

Daisha said...

Brag away! That is wonderful! It's nice to get confirmation that you are doing something right huh? Since I always worry I am just screwing up my kids and then they do something amazing and I think...maybe I am doing an okay job!

Good job Leah! I am proud of you too!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Gotta brag, especially about something like that. :) Sweet girl!

Stephanie said...

I love it! That is something my Isabel would do. Hooray for sweet, sensitive girls. Brag all you want, Mommy! :)

Jaycey said...

awww