Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring

I've just had the most splendid day with my wonderful little girl. It's was mid 60s and just blissful. Something about spring makes you feel a little more alive, doesn't it?

Anyway, at about 10 we went to the store, did the work I needed to, went to another store to shop, then we went and got her cousin Elaina, we went to get some lunch, ate it at he park, played, went & shopped at a couple stores, washed the van, took the girls back to our house and they played, fed them dinner, went back to Elaina's and played some more. I cleaned while they played and visited with SIL while they played at her house. By that point it was 5:30 or so.

No big deal really but just a fun and pleasant day!

While we were washing the van each time the automatic thing would pass them to squirt water they would both scream at the top of their lungs. It was hysterical. I got these pictures with my phone...

04200913280420091328a

After we got home I decided to make a cake...

Renee (oohh you're famous AGAIN!) told me to try Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix.

So I bought one when I was shopping this last time. Today I decided to make it. The only thing I did different than the instructions was to add a cup of sour cream (and do the high altitude instructions) - does that make you roll your eyes? That I can't help but add SOMETHING?? lol

I did it in 2 round cake pans. The center layer of frosting I used cream cheese frosting and on the outside I did the matching dark chocolate fudge frosting.

P4200013

P4200018

I'll just say - Renee is SMART.

THAT is some dang good cake.

3 comments:

Away2me (Deanna) said...

Yummy looking cake! Glad you had such a nice day.

Renee said...

Oh YUMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad that you liked it! Truly, the best cake ever!!!

Kathy's Korner said...

IT IS!! I made one yesterday...or DH did...but the store did not have the frosting to match. Then a white chocolate almond caught my eye. Skip this. The almond taste is only there is you think about it hard.

The cake however. YUMM-O!!!!