So we waited in line at our church's Christmas party. Leah was watching what happened with great interest and seemed quite happy about it all. I just keep telling myself if she seems reluctant I will NOT make her sit there. I will live without the pictures. But she was fine! Until the very moment her little butt touched his knee. She turned and looked at him up close and her little body stiffen and she looked petrified. I crouched down to pick her back up but just then Santa handed her a bag of candy and little toys...
Suddenly she leans back and melts into him. (and then everyone started laughing!) She looked at the bag for a minute. But then again she decided that she wanted the bag AND off of Santa's lap!
You can see the progression of the stories in the pictures....
Did you just give me a whole bag of candy??
Okay Mister, this is pretty cool.
Mom! Get me out of here. Psst - make sure we keep the candy!
As a note when we got up this morning and came down stairs she immediately spotted the bag on the counter. Sigh. So I give it to her thinking "all that candy is wrapped, right?" Well, far be it for me to ever underestimate my one year old who careful unwrapped a big piece of chocolate covered in red foil. She didn't even tear it. How's that for fine motor skills!
3 comments:
Oh, so very cute! I didn't even attempt to take Jake to a Santa this year.
I love how you caught all of her reactions. So very cute. Would be neat to put into a scrapbook.
I took Asha and she didn't cry but she looked petrified and had to sit on my lap not Santa's.
Mandy - I'm so lazy about scrapbooking. LOL The most I've done is our adoption profiles - because I HAD to. ;-) I promise to put them all on the same page in a photo album some day..... hehe
Post a Comment