Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Wedding Ring

I haven't seen my wedding ring in about 6 months. I know I put it in some "safe place" but I can't find it. And we've moved since then. I'm finally admitting I've lost it. I may still find it but it's lost. And I'm just heartbroken. I love my ring. It's so gorgeous.

After Drew proposed to me and we went ring shopping...

Well, wait. First when he proposed he had a ring box and he put a life saver in it. A red one. Do you remember that life saver commercial when the little boy turns to the little girl, hands her a life saver, and says "we can live with my mother." So sweet.

Anyway, so we go to look at rings and the guy says to Drew "how much do you want to spend". Drew stepped away from me and whispered something to him. The guy (who was the owner) turns back to me and says "You can have whatever you want from that case." It was like a moment out of a movie. I felt like a queen. SmileyCentral.com

We went through several rings and I kept trying them on and then giving them back to him. Except for one. I didn't give it back. He would hand me others and I would hand them back and finally the owner turns to Drew and says "She wants that one." And Drew's all surprised and says "You do?" Yes. Yes I did. I was in love with it.

They sized it and we came back in a couple hours and got it. Drew wouldn't let me have the wedding band though. lol Later I had them sautered (sp?) together.

I love that ring.

I wonder if I can find a similar one online and post a picture.
SmileyCentral.com

*Edited to add in Sept 2013: We never found this ring but realized one day through discuss about the last place I saw it that the dang ring was stolen during a move. We had a neighbor come in and help us that day. It was an apartment complex and we'd never met him. He didn't speak any English so I n ever spoke to him. Drew speaks Spanish so they were able to communicate. Drew told me the man had just gotten out of jail. Robbery and... Rape. 

Me: YOU LET THAT MAN IN MY HOUSE? Nice. 

I had taken the ring off because it was July. We were moving. I was hot. I set it on the kitchen counter. I never saw it again. So sad.

0 comments: