Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Sleep Crying

Why does my baby do this? It makes me worry.

Last night at 1:45 Leah started to sob in her sleep. The saddest cry. Tears were streaming down her little cheeks. What was wrong? What was she dreaming about?

She never opened her eyes, never woke up at all. I cuddled her up against me and she just kept crying. I tried to wake her up and she couldn't do it. I laid on my back and pulled her onto my chest - then she heaved a big sigh and stopped crying instantly.

She doesn't do it every night. Just every now and then. And it doesn't seem to be on any particular kind of day.

I hate it. It's just so sad. It makes my heart hurt to hear that particular cry.

And then she gets up in the morning and she's as cheery as ever.

0 comments: