My forum friend Kathy tells me it comes from the one year itch. Maybe so. It seems like my baby is gone. I keep getting these emails from babycenter.com calling her a TODDLER.
Who thinks I want to hear that????Speaking of Kathy. She brought home a baby yesterday! We were talking on an IM on the 5th. Suddenly she says hold on. As it turns out the phone was ringing. I get on the IM:
Kathy: SW ON THE PHONE
Kathy: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Then I wait for nearly half an hour staring at my computer! LOL It was a call about a baby girl that had been born that morning. She was in their own state and only 2 hours away! So the next day they got to go pick her up, meet her fmom, and come home. So cool! This is her fourth adoption. I am so over the top excited for her!!!
She's a momma of 4 now!! WOOHOO!!Anyway - my plans for the next baby...
You know we tried for years to get pregnant. The idea of trying again is... daunting to say the least.
I learned recently from another forum friend that Clomid is sometimes given to people with a history of early recurrent miscarriages. I did not know this.
If I had the money to adopt right now, I would. I would actually rather. But we don't so I'm gonna try this Clomid thing Jan/Feb time. If it works, well, holy cow. I'll give birth. If it doesn't well just keep waiting until we can afford to adopt again.
Either way we'll be adopting again because Leah needs to not be alone in being adopted or being the only brown face in our family. In her cousins she has Mexican/CC, Spanish/CC but not any AA/CC or AA. There was going to be one (Drew's brother is adopting too) but the mom decided to parent after giving birth. I do hope they adopt transracially in the end. That's the protective mommy part of me. I don't want Leah to feel out of place in the family. I read an article forever ago about a biracial woman (AA/CC) who said that the best gift her parents ever gave her was her sister - who was also adopted and AA/CC.
I love my daughter with all of my being. However, no matter how much I love her I will never understand her experience in this world as a biracial adopted woman. I can love her through anything but I can't give her the understanding she could get from another adopted biracial woman. That's all there is to it.
4 comments:
Great post Cam....
My friend Ana just brought home a newborn from foster care. Would you ever consider fost/adopt? I know that there is the chance that the child will go back (that is the hard part..) but it has worked for others........
I wish I could give all the mamma's I knew enough for adoption. It stinks that it costs so much.........
Did Kathy do foster adopt or was it an agency?
We're talking about the foster/adopt lately too. I should have mentioned that. I know some foster parents in the area so I'm questioning them too ;).
Oh! Kathy - agency :-)
And money stinks! lol
I've got the bug too and Jake is only 7 1/2 months. Actually, the bug hasn't ever left me. The first period after his birth was as hard as the periods before his birth. Some months are better than others but I really want to get pregnant. I would adopt again but I just dread going through the emotions of that and I'll never be able to find a birth family like Jake's. (well, it would be difficult).
Post a Comment